Commercial Insurance Account Executive
At Hausmann-Johnson Insurance (HJI), we empower our staff to provide exceptional support & guidance to our clients and agents. Your professionalism, expertise, and courteous manner sets you apart, and it’s what sets us apart as an agency. As a Commercial Insurance Account Executive, you will take ownership of a book of business and work closely with each client to add value to their insurance & risk management program.
HJI was recognized as one of America’s Best Small Workplaces by the Great Place to Work Institute and Fortune.com. At HJI, you’ll enjoy working on a friendly and supportive team where your strengths are valued, your creativity is encouraged, and your contributions are respected. And because office life is about more than work, we make work-life balance a top priority. Paid Family Leave, Flexible scheduling, bring your dog to work days, paid volunteer time, and an unmatched benefits package are just some of the ways we ensure that your hard work is acknowledged and sustainable.
As a Commercial Insurance Account Executive, you would be responsible for providing proactive property and casualty account management and outstanding customer service to prospects and clients. Responsibilities include:
· Retain and proactively service a book of business according to company guidelines
· Solicit qualified new business referrals as opportunities arise
· Provide prospects and clients with comparative quotes and detailed explanations for coverage nuances and differences on a pro-active basis
· Analyze prospect and client needs, determine new coverages necessary
· Qualify new prospect referrals
· Conduct client and prospect visits and calls, demonstrating professionalism in conduct and appearance
· Manage monthly expiration lists to ensure that all continuation coverage is bound prior to the effective date
· Market renewing accounts as necessary
· Establish a strong working rapport with insurance company representatives and underwriters, allowing you to stay abreast of industry and marketplace trends and changes, and provide prompt and proactive service to clients
· Holding and maintaining a valid Wisconsin Property & Casualty Agent’s license
· Minimum of three years Property and Casualty insurance service experience
· College degree is preferred
· Ability to travel to client locations independently – generally southern WI area
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com explaining your interest and qualifications. This position is located at our Madison office.
Insurance Agency Director of Operations – Employee Benefits Services
At Hausmann-Johnson Insurance/The Benefit Services Group, we empower our staff to provide exceptional support & guidance to our clients and agents. As the Director of Employee Benefits Operations, you’ll oversee the delivery of Employee Benefits insurance brokerage services to ensure that they meet or exceed our quality standards, ultimately driving client satisfaction and retention. You’ll lead, develop and manage Employee Service departments. You will also serve as Account Executive on assigned benefits clients.
· Reporting to the Executive Vice President of Operations, develop and execute annual departmental budgets, goals, strategies, business plan and on-going action list.
· Responsible for staffing and development of Employee Benefits Services departments at offices in Madison and Pewaukee to include Client Services, Communications, Benefit Analysis and Account Management.
· Establish and maintain high performing teams through performance management, coaching, training, leadership development, and workflow coordination.
· Act as champion of the agency management technology system Epic, ensuring that the department utilizes it efficiently and effectively.
· Develop effective interdepartmental communication strategies.
· Foster team behavior and a sales-oriented department culture. Ensure that service criteria and standards are being achieved. · Oversee a continual improvement strategy with a focus on innovative service offerings to clients. Identify and eliminate obstacles to client retention.
· Maintain and foster good relationships with carrier partners.
· Service a book of business as Account Executive.
Required Skills and Abilities:
· Maintain current strong knowledge of insurance industry trends.
· Understand, analyze and explain all benefits products, including self-funding.
· Safeguard, protect and respect confidential client, carrier and agency information.
· Build relationships and a team atmosphere.
· Handle difficult behavior and conflict and bring to a timely resolution.
· Work with competing deadlines and experience in delivering to budget, agreed timeframes and maintaining accountability.
· Able to work in both our Pewaukee and Madison offices as needed.
License and Experience Requirements:
· Hold and maintain a valid Wisconsin Agent’s Life and Health license.
· Minimum 10 years in Employee Benefits insurance brokerage experience.
· Previous Employee Benefits account management experience.
· Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience.
· Strong technology skills and experience with utilization of agency management systems.
· College degree or equivalent experience desired. Designations and Certifications such as CEBS, RHU, GBA, PHR, SHRM-CP preferred.
· Valid Driver’s License and personal reliable vehicle required for work related travel.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
· Generous 401(k) program
· Competitive insurance benefits
· Potential for company ownership long term
· Flexible scheduling including a hybrid remote work program
· Paid volunteer time
· Paid family leave
· A collaborative, fun, and supportive environment
To apply for the Director of Employee Benefits Operations position, please submit a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your interest and qualifications.
Customer Service Associate
As a Customer Service Associate, you’ll provide outstanding support and customer service to our account managers, agents and clients. Your analytical skills, attention to detail, and courteous service sets you apart as a professional, and it sets us apart as an organization.
Why Hausmann-Johnson Insurance?
You’ll have an opportunity to learn new skills and get established in a strong industry with lifelong career potential. You’ll be joining a company recently named a Best Small Workplace by Great Places to Work® and Fortune.com. You’ll enjoy working in a friendly and supportive team where your strengths are valued and you are respected for your contribution.
Give Me the Details – What Will I be Doing?
· The Customer Service Associate works directly with clients to provide certificates of insurance, and generate change request for them
· Carefully review and verify policy information
· Update our client management system to reflect requested changes at renewal, with policy details
· Create insurance binders and additional documentation required for new policies and renewals
· Prepare summaries of insurance and additional documentation required for policy set up
· Correspond with internal staff and carriers in order to resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
· Receive and process incoming calls from lenders doing business with our clients and respond to them with appropriate insurance documentation
· Provide clerical and other assistance to Account Managers and others in the agency as needed
But I don’t know anything about insurance!
Prior office experience is required, and an Associate’s degree is preferred. Analytical skills and attention to detail are important. Insurance experience is not necessary. We will help you to learn about the insurance industry from the ground up and will prepare you for higher level positions in insurance servicing. After being hired into this position, we will send you to training to obtain licenses appropriate to your role. You will also have the opportunity to enroll in continuing education courses that will result in your achieving insurance certifications and designations. These classes will be at our cost as we believe in continual staff development.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for this position to email@example.com. This position is located at our Madison office.
Data Scientist I
This is typically a full-time position in our Analytical Services Department servicing our data warehouse and analytical services clients. The Data Scientist I reports to the Director of BSGAnalytics. This position is responsible for analyzing health care cost and utilization data, applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis and creating data models. This includes understanding health care claims, eligibility and pharmacy data and crafting the models to meet client requirements. The Data Scientist I will also work in concert with team members within the Analytical Services and Data Research and Analytics Departments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Interact with in-house data management personnel regarding aggregation of data and deployment into QlikView application and OLAP cubes.
· Independently analyze data from various health care plans and programs (including but not limited to medical, pharmacy, dental, vision and wellness data).
· Organize, outline, prepare and present reports, executive summaries, data models and/or data analytics-related presentations (collaborating with the communications team, as necessary).
· Gather requirements, design experiments, test hypotheses and build models for scenarios that are beneficial to clients and impact vital business processes and decision support.
· Correspond directly with internal and external clients (and vendors, if needed) on all data analytics-related matters, e.g. hypothesis testing and statistical validation. This includes in-person, e-mail and phone communication.
· Implement appropriate algorithms to discover patterns in data.
· Recommend enhancements to current methods, processes and algorithms.
· Advise co-workers where appropriate on technical and conceptual issues or questions.
· Provide relevant business metrics tied to value propositions that illuminate action items.
· Present and explain conclusions in terms that are easy for the business to consume, understand and apply.
· Four-year college degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems or Actuarial Science.
· Master’s Degree preferred.
· A minimum of three years employee benefits/health care analytics experience preferred.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· High level of creativity.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Good organizational skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
· Detail-oriented and ability to work accurately.
· Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
· Ability to multi-task and easily adjust to change.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet tight deadlines.
· Highly client/customer focused.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and ability to assimilate to new programs quickly.
· Proficiency in T-SQL, SQL Server, QlikView and/or Python or R.
· Proficiency in data science modeling and applying models to business initiatives – AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Decision Trees, Random Forest, Neural Networks, Supervised/Unsupervised Learning, Forecasting, Predictive Modeling and Clustering.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BSG | HJI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.